Watch as Jeremy Corbyn thanks his "SNPs"

UK Labour leader praises SNP during speech to his own Scottish Labour party

JEREMY CORBYN appeared to have joined another political party during his speech to the Scottish Labour party conference in Perth on Sunday (26 February).

Speaking to a room of around 300 activsts and parliamentarians on the success of the union between the English and Scottish working classes he uttered the words, “well done our SNP’s.”

It sparked a series of mocking tweets from political commentators and Scottish politicians who registered their joy at their newest recruit to the cause of independence.

The UK Labour party leader said: “Well done Scottish Labour and well done our SNP’s.”

Then, turning to the media balcony, he shouted: “You got that didn’t you?!”

After this, he attempted to commend Scottish Labour’s MSPs again and nearly stumbled into the same verbal blunder again, to the visible discomfort of Scottish Labour ministers and officials.

All this left SNP MPs jubilant at being embraced by their newest ally.

The Scottish Labour party conference saw the confirmation of a policy for a publicly owned railway, moves towards a new federal constitutional system for the UK and a people’s convention to organise it. Kezia Dugdale, the Scottish party leader, also reiterated that she would never back a bill in Holyrood to put another referendum for Scottish independence to the Scottish people.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan compared Scottish nationalists to supporters of US President Donald Trump and rightwing advocates of Brexit.

Picture courtesy of YouTube

Check out what people are saying about how important CommonSpace is. Pledge your support today

Comments

alienined's picture

alienined

Tue, 02/28/2017 - 14:00

It now official,Jeremy Corban is a clusterf..., Labour has no policies North or South of the border,it has no backbone,and no leader, can't even beat the Brexit Tories in their own backyard! Labour is swiftly moving into LibDem territory and we all know how well that panned out for Nick whatsisname!

zaneadd's picture

zaneadd

Thu, 07/27/2017 - 21:30

My ultimate goals in life was to startup a family with a man who permanently wants me always as the only woman in his life, a man that only wants a future with me and his desires to be with and around me to be uncontrollable. A man that will turn a deaf ear to nothing or anyone trying to separate us.
My goals where achieved 2 years ago; I must confess that our marriage was fine until someone somewhere started interfering, pushing and putting negative thoughts in his head out of envy. As days goes by, the atmosphere around us looked fine and automatically did a complete 360, we went from living together, talking, texting and such all-day every-day to barely anything at all. We separated because of the rumor that I couldn’t bear a child. It was a lie told by someone who envied our peaceful marriage.
I sought the help of Dr. Wakina via (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com) according to reviews I read online and on radio about his work. I found total justice, redemption and restoration through his love spell after months of broken heart. Our enemies where proven wrong the moment my husband comeback to me. I believe there will also go blind after seeing me pregnant.
All hail Dr. Wakina for reinstituting my marriage.

zaneadd's picture

zaneadd

Thu, 07/27/2017 - 21:30

All hail Dr. Wakina for reinstituting my marriage.

michelle1001

Tue, 08/01/2017 - 01:17

Am Michelle by name I live in Spain. I want the world to know a great man that is well known as DR AKERECO, he has the perfect solution to relationship issues and marriage and he solve all kind of problems. The main reason why I'm telling the world about DR AKERECO on how he get my husband back because in recent times i have read some testimonies on the internet which some people has written about DR AKERECO, and i was so pleased and i decided to seek for assistance from him on his Email (drakerecospellcaster@gmail.com) His Facebook name is (Andrew Akereco) Facebook page: which he did a perfect job by casting a spell on my husband which made him to come back to me and beg for forgiveness.I will no stop publishing his name on the net because of the good work he is doing. I will drop his contact for the usefulness of those that needs his help. his all over the world his USA number +16783698701, his whatsapp number +2349064026626 You can contact him today and get your problem solved.

michelle1001

Tue, 08/01/2017 - 01:17

michelle1001

Tue, 08/01/2017 - 01:17

htmlcolor

Wed, 08/16/2017 - 08:08

Your article reflects the issue people are concerned about. The article provides timely information that reflects multi-dimensional views from multiple perspectives. I look forward to reading quality articles that contain timely information from you.
wingsio

CommonSpace journalism is completely free from the influence of advertisers and is only possible with your continued support. Please contribute a monthly amount towards our costs. Build the Scotland you want to live in - support our new media.